Like with many bloggers, the majority of readers arrive at my blogs from Pinterest. Over the last year and a half I have learned so much about how to use Pinterest more widely and strategically. Justina Rosu is a video professional but hasn’t used Pinterest much. She has recently started her YouTube channel of video tips. She interviewed me about how I have used Pinterest to grow my YouTube following to 37 000 people.
See also my blog post about 17 tips for improving your YouTube channel.
This post contains affiliate links. It means that if you purchase a product I recommend, I may earn a small commission with no added cost to you.
Watch the video here:
Here are the main points discussed on the video:
- Using Pinterest search to pick a video or post title
- Pinterest as search engine
- Importance of being on good quality group boards
- How to find good group boards
- Different ways of sharing videos on Pinterest
- How to create vertical pins
- Hashtags in Pinterest descriptions now
- Automating pins using BoardBooster
- Campaigns to post on group boards
- Looping pins
- Pinning your own content vs. other people’s content
After the interview was done I have also started to use Tailwind to automate pins.
I have also purchased a new microphone since this video was made. The next thing I will add to my equipment will be a ring light. Then I will no longer be so dependent on the weather to have natural light!
Pin this article – Using Pinterest to grow your YouTube channel