It has always been a pleasure to learn new tips and tricks in the many decades that I have been crocheting. I have been part of Facebook crochet groups for about 10 years now. That has made it easier to learn new things. Blogs are great for that too. Tips go quickly from country to country and continent to continent.
Here I put together a list of some of the tips I have learned in the recent years. I have longer videos for some of those, links in the video description.
This post may contain affiliate links. It means that if you purchase a product I recommend, I may earn a small commission with no added cost to you.
Crochet tips on the video:
(Using US crochet terms)
- Change yarns in colourwork. Double crochet, single crochet
- Join yarn with no weaving in (fine and medium weight yarns)
- Start crochet without a chain, chainless foundation. Single crochet, double crochet
- Invisible decrease in double crochet
- Long chain into ring without chain twisting
- Standing stitch (double crochet directly at the start of a new row or round)
- Straight edges in double crochet
- Extra chain stitch before fastening off
- 3 ways for making sure you don’t lose your stitch
- Keep a list of your crochet hooks
See them all in the video: